EnderKitPvP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EnderKitPvP

KitPvP, Custom Kits & More!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Staff Application: UBesCheckUrself

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UBesCheckUrself

Staff Application: UBesCheckUrself Empty
PostSubject: Staff Application: UBesCheckUrself   Staff Application: UBesCheckUrself Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Timezone: Pacific

Do you have any previous moderator experience?:
Yes, I was in charge of parkour on the old Enderpvp server and have served as moderator on DutchboyNL's old server. Sadly, both of these servers shut down rather quickly and my experience was cut short.

How would you check for hackers?
In nearly every scenario, I would vanish before spying on potential hackers. I am conservative in terms of hackussations, as I am able to discern hacks very well. If I suspect autosoup, I would vanish and look in the player's inventory as he or she pvp's. Also, before taking action, I would confirm with another moderator whether the given person is hacking or not.

Scenario: Their is a player disrespecting you and trying to make you mad. They call you names and even usevery personal insults
towards you. What would you do?

I realize my answer below might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I personally believe that it is the best way to handle people like this.

1. It depends on how serious the disrespect is. If it is weak, I may try to playfully or wittily reply, not putting them down, but acting as though it's not a huge deal. This way, the weaker players will usually stop (I have done this in the past and I often become friends with the offender).

2. If they continue or the disrespect grows stronger, I will politely warn them that they will receive a kick if they continue.

3. If they absolutely refuse to give in, I will kick them.

4. If they return and continue to be disrespectful, I will consult with fellow moderators about banning the player.

On a side note, if they are bullying other players, I will be much more straightforward and skip the first step.

Why should we pick you?
I believe I would make a valuable addition to the staff at enderkitpvp, as a respectful, trustworthy, and likable person. I also love to build (and consider myself to be rather good at it), and would be willing to build new warps or improve on existing ones. I am not known to attract haters, so few (if any) negative remarks will be said if I am given moderator. I will NEVER abuse moderator powers if promoted. I hate to see others abuse their powers, and would never do it myself.

Other
I have a couple downsides that I think would be good to admit right off the bat.
1. I don't have a lot of time. I focus a lot on my schoolwork and golfing, and the two combined limit me to an hour at most on weekdays and 3-4 hours on Saturday and Sunday.
2. I do not have experience with coding. Therefore, I am really only useful for building, ideas, and player relations.
3. I do not know many moderator commands. I do have a site that I use to find commands, but I don't know many off the top of my head.

Despite these setbacks, I believe that I would make a fabulous contribution to enderkitpvp. I hope that I meet your requirements as a mod, and thank you for taking the time to read my application.
Back to top Go down

Staff Application: UBesCheckUrself
Page 1 of 1